DPI-SIG Naples Digital Photo Club
Date: Saturday January 5, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
Florida SouthWestern State College
Take Control of you Digital Photos: Lightroom
Do you have thousands of digital photos and have trouble organizing them? If you are like many photographers the answer is yes. The good news is Lightroom can help with all your file management. Learn how to manage your digital photos/files in a way that makes sense, is easy to learn plus take advantage of its many shortcuts. Also learn on how to process a digital photo for output to e-mail or web?
Join wildlife photographer and Mass Audubon instructor Shawn Carey of Migration Productions for this Adobe Lightroom workshop. Learn how to manage your digital photo/files in a way that makes sense and is easy to learn–plus many shortcuts.
- Understanding Lightroom and how it works: organize your photos/files
- The Library module
- Importing files, rating and editing or culling images
- Proper backup of files and catalog
- Keywords and Keyword list: the proper way to apply Keywords
- Understanding collections and why they are useful
As digital photographers many of us create thousands of photos every year. Even if you are the world’s greatest photographer you have many files that should be deleted. There are several reason to delete photos, however, in the end it’s up to each of us to decide why we do not want a particular photo.
If you make this a standard practice to cull your photos in an honest way you will find:
* Your Standards will improve
* You are gathering less “virtual junk”
*You are using and by default showing your best photos
*You become a better photographer
*You are using less hard drive space